This month, Dublin City Brewing Co. Tasting Club were delighted to be joined by none other than Andy Noonan, the undisputed barbecue King of Ireland!
During the session 130 guests joined Andy and Fergal to chat about all things beer and barbecue while Andy demonstrated how you can explore cooking with larger at home by making his Pale Ale Sauce for grilled chicken.
In 2017, Andy established The Big Grill Festival in Dublin's Herbert Park and it went on to become the largest BBQ festival in Europe. After lockdown forced its temporary closure, he quickly set up Baste BBQ on Clanbrassil Street complete with outdoor dining and click & collect services. For close to a year now, he's been cooking up his now infamously popular 8 hour smoked Angus beef ribs, whole smoked chickens and free-range pork belly as well as a huge array of other delights. More recently he's added a shop to the location selling his own sauces, spices and a range of wines.
"Pale Ale is definitely my thing and this one is the one I'll compare all others too from now on, Fergal."
PALE ALE SAUCE
- 3 Tablespoons of runny honey
- 1/2 can of Patriot Pale Ale
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Crowdpleeza rub from Baste BBQ
- Pour the beer into a small pot on medium heat
- Reduce by 50%, add honey, vinegar and stir well
- Remove from heat and add the rub, stir to combine
- If it's too thick, add some more beer. If it's too thin, cook it out a little more
- When your chicken is cooked, baste the chicken with the sauce 2 to 4 times while the heat settles it
To find out next month's guest and keep up to date with all things DCB Co. check out our instagram @DublinCityBrewing