We are 100% committed to making a positive impact and strive to develop Dublin City Brewing Co sustainably:
- Our beer mats are environmentally friendly, sourced from FSC certified suppliers, finished with vegetable based inks, and are 100% recyclable.
- We chose against a greenfield site and regenerated an existing building for the positive environmental and social benefits to our local community.
- We are working with our energy supplier to ensure our power is generated from renewable sources.
- Our beer bottles and cans are packaged in cardboard boxes and not plastic shrink wrap.
- The brewery will harvest and reuse water wherever possible.
- Our DCBCo brewery uses built-in heat recovery systems to minimise energy consumption.
- Samples are shipped in cardboard boxes packed with eco- friendly dissolvable packing peanuts.
- We have a dedicated Sustainability Manager to consistently seek new ways to make our operations as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We have signed up to Bord Bia's Origin Green program.
Origin Green is Ireland’s pioneering food and drink sustainability programme, operating on a national scale, uniting government, the private sector and the full supply chain from farmers to food producers and right through to the foodservice and retail sectors. The programme is the worlds’ only national food and drink sustainability programme, and enables the industry to set and achieve measurable sustainability targets that respect the environment and serve local communities more effectively.